Please apply with this link: https://short.sg/j/23463185
You are ready, if you ...
- would like to share our responsibility for back-end development, maintenance and management of our code base (written in Python 3) and infrastructure
- have at least 10 years of professional job experience in software development, including Python development and Linux ecosystem as well as with Amazon Web Services (CloudWatch, RDS PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, Elasticache Redis)
- have knowledge about relational databases and SQL
- are familiar with best-practice development and operations tools (Git, Docker, Terraform, Jenkins)
- practiced test-driven development using pytest before
- are quick to adapt and keen to learn
- are not afraid to dig into system internals during the troubleshooting process
- Python 3, pytest, Celery
- AWS (Cloudwatch, RDS, …), Terraform
Your transformation challenge ...
- developing successful logistics software for spot market procurement, coming up with correct, maintainable and scalable design and code
- the opportunity to design, develop & regularly ship new features to a large user base and collaborate on infrastructure design and deployment
- improving performance and scalability of the backend system by redesigning and rewriting parts of it
- reviewing the code changes by your colleagues to ensure quality and good coding practices
- teaching and mentoring team members best-practices and sharing knowledge with them
- ensuring high availability by handling on call alerts in your regular working hours
Why you’ll enjoy working with us:
- learning landscape
- personal development
- agile environment
- and much much dependent on your country of employment
Possible countries of employment:
Germany, Poland, USA, France, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, UK, Austria, Denmark, Sweden, Latvia, Finland, Slovakia, Portugal, Estonia
from within Austria, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Latvia, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom or United States of America.
At Transporeon, our mission is to bring transportation in sync with the world. Because the transportation industry in many areas lags behind what happens in our digital, transparent, data-driven and increasingly sustainable world. Around 30% idle capacity, millions of empty runs on our streets, long waiting times at ports, docks, and airports, and broken information and communication flows are the consequence. A problem that is big but that can be solved and one that we are deeply in love with.
We use technology, or more precisely, connectivity, data and real-time insight to solve the problem. Every day we support our amazing clients with excellent customer service and a highly functional, innovative and reliable cloud-platform. This result is only possible with an amazing team of more than 1400 people.
With your passion, your desire to discover new things and help us solve the complex challenges we are curiously dealing with every day, you can transform too – the world around you and yourself.