The Global Web Team is responsible for web technology based applications at PAYBACK - used in Germany and in international markets by millions of customers every day.
According to our current architecture, this includes 5 web applications on 2 main platforms: One for Germany and one for international, multi-countries. Majority of the work is done in the frontend which is based on Typescript, Web Components and HTML/CSS.
On the server side, we use PHP with FirstSpirit as CMS on one platform and Java with CoreMedia on another platform. For deployments we use Jenkins.
We, as the team, prefer π-shape skilled professionals and invest a lot into knowledge sharing. Communication and openness are our main powers, and we believe that great teamwork is the key for success. Of course, a great team must have great fun and for sure we take that fun very seriously!
- Having close collaboration with dev teams, product owners and other stakeholders, assuring the product quality
- Test concepts, test planning, test automation and test execution
- Active participation in developing and improving our test automation strategy
- Active participation in developing and improving test automation frameworks and tools
- Proactively sharing best practices, ideas and knowledge with the team
- Expanding your knowledge in new areas and technologies
- Server side: Java, PHP
- CMS: CoreMedia, FirstSpirit
- Version control: Git
- Build automation tools: Jenkins, Docker, Open Shift, GCP
- Monitoring: Kibana, ELK stack, Grafana
- Testing: JUnit, PHPUnit, Jasmine, Selenium, Codeception, Protractor (migrating to Playwright), Geb, Gatling (performance testing)
PAYBACK is the leading multipartner loyalty program and multichannel marketing platform. In Germany, Austria, Italy, Poland, Mexico and other countries worldwide, customers can collect points from thousands well-known companies and marketplaces offline and online and redeem these for vouchers, rewards, frequent flyer miles or donate them to charity projects.
As a multichannel marketing platform PAYBACK communicates synchronously via all channels – offline, online and mobile – and, in doing so, provides the optimum combination of coverage and personalization. Companies are able to run integrated campaigns via all available channels. They can get their message and offers to customers at the right time and the right place via the right channel - and as a result, maximize their ROI.
PAYBACK is part of the American Express Group.