- Extensive C# (.net/ .net core) development experience, gained while building systems and backend services (e.g. with WebAPI/REST, SignalR/Websocket or gRPC endpoints)
- Expert knowledge about Modelling standards (e.g. UML2, BPMN) and common software architectures and design patterns
- Extensive experience with functional and event based programming (Reactive Extensions)
- Extensive experience with Test driven development (e.g. with NSubstitute, NUnit, Specflow)
- Extensive experience with entity framework and relational databases (e.g. Oracle or PosgreSQL)
- Very strong communication and team working skills
- Very high motivation to learn, grow and also develop others
Advantageous, but not a must
- Experience with cloud and container technologies (e.g. AWS, Kubernetes, Docker)
- Knowledge with modern monitoring and observability tools (e.g. Prometheus, Grafana, ELK stack)
Gas Portfolio Embedded IT is operating very close to our Gas Portfolio Managers and Traders. We provide solutions in key areas such as P&L Reporting, Position Reporting, Data Visualization, Algorithmic Trading, Storage Optimization and support any innovative trading ideas emerging from our business desks utilizing today’s most recent cloud technologies.
- Be part of the team that is responsible for all customer facing IT systems
- Interact closely with business (e.g. traders and portfolio managers) to understand new requirements, evaluate options and implement solutions
- Communicate progress transparent to stakeholders, end users and to the team
- Contribute to building quality software by using your knowledge to implement great-looking, event-driven and highly interactive interfaces
- Keep up to date with the developments in technology and quickly adapt to them to achieve better results
- Work in a DevOps model and take responsibility for business-critical applications in the External Customer IT area
- Occasional application 24x7 support on a call out basis
We, RWE Supply & Trading GmbH (RWEST), are a leading European energy-trading company and one of the major players on the global gas-trading market. With our many years of experience and a sharp eye for market developments and trends, we have been representing the RWE Group on the global wholesale markets for energy and energy-related raw materials and services for over 20 years.
RWEST IT | Closer to the business
RWEST trades more than 1,200 terawatt hours of electricity, almost 700 billion cubic meters of gas and around 1.3 million CO2 certificates annually. This makes us one of the largest energy traders in Europe – a leading position that we owe above all to our IT.
Combined with intelligent software, it gives us the perfect tools to fully exploit our potential. What do we need now? Creative IT specialists like you, who can lead us into the future with plenty of expertise and bold ideas.
Become part of our international RWEST Team!
As a global player, we are at home all over the world and have around 1,600 employees with over 50 nationalities in our team.
Our headquarters in Essen houses Europe’s largest energy trading floor over an area of 3,850 square metres – this includes 50 energy traders, and a further 260 qualified employees work in shifts around the clock. We also have trading floors in London and Swindon as well as branches and subsidiaries in Europe, Asia and North America.
We are continuing to grow and are always on the lookout for promising new markets and talented professionals – especially for our IT!