- A degree in, or related to Computer Science or Mathematics or equivalent experience
- Full development lifecycle experience – from requirements gathering to deployment
- Several years of experience as application developer
- Profound working knowledge in C# and SQL
- Safe handling of git
- Familiar with pipelines in Azure DevOps
- You have experiences with cloud technologies and concepts (focus on Amazon Web Services)
- Strong analytical skills with a track record of complex problem solving
- High degree of personal commitment, motivation and ability to work independently
- You have excellent communication skills with stakeholder at all levels
What we value most is passion, willingness to learn and a determined and reliable work ethic. So, if you can’t display all of the skills above, we would still like to hear from you.
IT provides the information systems that underpin all RWE’s trading, origination and optimisation activities across the globe. We provide operational support to all departments and we deliver new projects and changes to existing applications.
You will be working in the CAO External Customer IT team. On the one side we provide IT solutions for industrial customers with a high demand for fixed or flexible power/gas/emission contracts. On the other side we provide IT solutions to our RWE Supply & Trading GmbH (RWEST) non-IT colleagues maintaining the relationships and contracts for our external customers. Forecasting possibilities, real-time calculations, data visualization as well as automated trading are just a few features of our solution.
- Design and build cloud native applications
- Create cloud replacements for legacy applications and services using C# in the backend and an Angular based UI
- Write and adjust testcases to ensure that the quality of our solution matches the expectations
- Maintain and support our IT solutions
- Be an active part of our agile DevOps journey with a focus on technical process automation
We, RWE Supply & Trading GmbH (RWEST), are a leading European energy-trading company and one of the major players on the global gas-trading market. With our many years of experience and a sharp eye for market developments and trends, we have been representing the RWE Group on the global wholesale markets for energy and energy-related raw materials and services for over 20 years.
RWEST IT | Closer to the business
RWEST trades more than 1,200 terawatt hours of electricity, almost 700 billion cubic meters of gas and around 1.3 million CO2 certificates annually. This makes us one of the largest energy traders in Europe – a leading position that we owe above all to our IT.
Combined with intelligent software, it gives us the perfect tools to fully exploit our potential. What do we need now? Creative IT specialists like you, who can lead us into the future with plenty of expertise and bold ideas.
Become part of our international RWEST Team!
As a global player, we are at home all over the world and have around 1,600 employees with over 50 nationalities in our team.
Our headquarters in Essen houses Europe’s largest energy trading floor over an area of 3,850 square metres – this includes 50 energy traders, and a further 260 qualified employees work in shifts around the clock. We also have trading floors in London and Swindon as well as branches and subsidiaries in Europe, Asia and North America.
We are continuing to grow and are always on the lookout for promising new markets and talented professionals – especially for our IT!