- Strong knowledge of Microsoft .NET technologies (in particular C#, ASP.NET) and Databases (Oracle, MS SQLServer, but also No-SQL technologies like MongoDB)
- Previous experience of developing and supporting front office applications
- A good understanding of the European and Asian energy markets.
- Knowledge of the trade life cycle process and experience of working in an Energy Trading environment.
- Able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of the business processes of RWE Supply & Trading.
- Be able to work to tight deadlines, under pressure and flexibly.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, and be fully experienced at dealing with technical and business representatives at all levels.
- Self-motivated, self-starter, able to prioritise, work under pressure & use own initiative
- Related business or technical qualification at degree level.
Advantageous, but not a must
- Previous experience in Dremio, databricks, Tableau
- Experience in Azure Devops
- An understanding of OpenLink Endur, or alternative ETRM system
- Knowledge of Information Systems within either Commodity Trading or Financial derivatives markets
- What we value most is curiosity, ambition, resilience and authenticity. So, if you can display most of the skills above we would still like to hear from you!
We have an excellent opportunity within the RWE Supply & Trading's Commercial IT Embedded Team for a talented Developer to work alongside our Trading Desks.
The Solid Fuels Desks (Coal, Freight Trading and Freight Operations) operate in Swindon, London and Singapore and are dependent on Information Systems, Notably: Trade Capture, Logistics, Position & P&L applications which are supported and developed both In-house and by third parties.
This role provides an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated, analytical individual. You will be working alongside Traders and Analysts and will gain a thorough understanding of a highly complex business area and the IT applications that are used to support it.
- Provide support to the Solid Fuels and Singapore Trading desks
- Prototyping / building new applications from Trader / Analyst requirements
- Support our Traders and Analysts on a range of applications including our new Market Data Platform (Dremio, Databricks, Tableau)
- Constantly looking for improvement opportunities (both functional/technical) through better use of standard functionality or innovative changes
- Co-ordination, prioritisation and undertaking of own tasks
- Strong interaction with Traders, must own problems to satisfactory & timely conclusion
- Collaborate and work with embedded colleagues in different offices / timezones
We, RWE Supply & Trading GmbH (RWEST), are a leading European energy-trading company and one of the major players on the global gas-trading market. With our many years of experience and a sharp eye for market developments and trends, we have been representing the RWE Group on the global wholesale markets for energy and energy-related raw materials and services for over 20 years.
RWEST IT | Closer to the business
RWEST trades more than 1,200 terawatt hours of electricity, almost 700 billion cubic meters of gas and around 1.3 million CO2 certificates annually. This makes us one of the largest energy traders in Europe – a leading position that we owe above all to our IT.
Combined with intelligent software, it gives us the perfect tools to fully exploit our potential. What do we need now? Creative IT specialists like you, who can lead us into the future with plenty of expertise and bold ideas.
Become part of our international RWEST Team!
As a global player, we are at home all over the world and have around 1,600 employees with over 50 nationalities in our team.
Our headquarters in Essen houses Europe’s largest energy trading floor over an area of 3,850 square metres – this includes 50 energy traders, and a further 260 qualified employees work in shifts around the clock. We also have trading floors in London and Swindon as well as branches and subsidiaries in Europe, Asia and North America.
We are continuing to grow and are always on the lookout for promising new markets and talented professionals – especially for our IT!