Your powerful skills
- Experience as a Cloud Software Engineer, Backend Engineer or similar role
- Experience in software development
- Experience with designing and developing scalable cloud-based solutions, ideally with Microsoft Azure and AWS
- Experience with API development and integration
- Knowledge of infrastructure-as-code environments & tooling such as (but not limited to) Ansible, Cloud Formation, Terraform HCL, Packer with HCL, Azure Devops suite, including Repos, & Pipelines, Python for Lambda, JSON and YAML
- Experience with unit testing and testing frameworks
- General understanding of data protection, data security and governance
- Experience in working within an agile environment
- Self-organization, team collaboration, agile mindset, problem solving, positive attitude and high motivation
- Business fluent in English and German and willingness to travel
Advantageous, but not a must
- Experience with hybrid cloud networking
- Zscaler ZIA / ZPA certifications
What we value most is passion, willingness to learn and a determined and resilient work ethic. So, if you can’t display all of the skills above we would still like to hear from you.
Your future plans
As a (Senior) DevOps Automation Engineer, you will play a central role at RWE in operating the network in a future-proof manner for the entire Group at over 250 locations. We are looking for you and your expertise to implement the company-specific network architecture and strategy in order to continuously align the network landscape with the strategic goals of the Group together with internal and external partners and providers.
You will be part of the "Connectivity and Unified Communication" department, which is responsible for the network and network security, including 2nd and 3rd level. The spectrum includes not only operation, maintenance and support, but also design, implementation and further development of the infrastructure on a project basis for the entire group.
We are looking for an independent working DevOps Automation Engineer to take over the following tasks:
- Design and develop automation for cloud solutions and Network / Unified Communication backend services
- Create technical concepts and solutions according to business requirements
- Implement and integrate APIs for external and internal systems
- Collaboratively work with Network, Unified communication, Infrastructure domain automation experts and application teams to define APIs and data models
- Take responsibility for high code quality and long-term maintainable software
- Ensure high product reliability, stability, scalability and security
- Implement CI / CD pipelines and Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) solutions
- Drive automation, e.g., testing, monitoring and deployments
We, RWE Supply & Trading GmbH (RWEST), are a leading European energy-trading company and one of the major players on the global gas-trading market. With our many years of experience and a sharp eye for market developments and trends, we have been representing the RWE Group on the global wholesale markets for energy and energy-related raw materials and services for over 20 years.
RWEST IT | Closer to the business
RWEST trades almost 900 terawatt hours of electricity, more than 450 billion cubic meters of gas and around 900 million CO2 certificates annually. This makes us one of the largest energy traders in Europe – a leading position that we owe above all to our IT.
Combined with intelligent software, it gives us the perfect tools to fully exploit our potential. What do we need now? Creative IT specialists like you, who can lead us into the future with plenty of expertise and bold ideas.
Become part of our international RWEST Team!
As a global player, we are at home all over the world and have around 2,000 employees with over 70 nationalities in our team.
Our headquarters in Essen houses Europe’s largest energy trading floor over an area of 3,850 square metres – this includes 50 energy traders, and a further 260 qualified employees work in shifts around the clock. We also have trading floors in London and Swindon as well as branches and subsidiaries in Europe, Asia and North America.
We are continuing to grow and are always on the lookout for promising new markets and talented professionals – especially for our IT!