- have experience in developing software in Scala
- develop software in a functional programming style
- enjoy solving challenges in distributed systems
- have experience with AWS or a similar cloud environment
- know Kubernetes
- care deeply about the quality of your software
- follow good DevOps practices and believe in automated testing, infrastructure as code, continuous deployment, and monitoring
- are keen to receive and give feedback in pairing and code review sessions
- have a strong sense of ownership and are eager to contribute from day one
- have a customer-driven mindset
- communicate fluently in English
We encourage you to apply even if your profile does not meet all the requirements for the role yet. We embrace individual growth at MOIA.
- Apply cutting edge software development techniques to solve complex problems of the payment world and create a smooth and secure experience for our customers.
- Interact with other product teams to understand and support their needs for payment solutions on the technical and business level.
- Own a critical part of the company’s distributed system from the infrastructure to the customer experience level.
- Become an active member of MOIA's engineering community, educate and mentor your less experienced colleagues, help continuously evolve our engineering practices.
In our team you will have the chance to take on responsibility, work on projects spanning the organization, and have an impact on the company.
- Competitive salary (including bonus)
- Hybrid work setup, flexible working hours, and possibility of flexible work arrangements depending on your needs (parenting, care work, volunteering, etc.)
- Budget and monthly expense allowance for home office setup
- Possibility of remote work from outside of Germany for a few weeks per year (currently, EU citizens can work from other EU countries while other cases are checked individually). Connect work & travel!
- Public transport ticket (fully covered) and discount on MOIA rides
- Subsidized fitness club membership or bike leasing
- Learning environment with continuous learning days, job rotation, trainings and workshops, coaching, conferences, books, and language classes
- Mental health support, 1:1 sessions with external professionals and mental unload workshops
- 30 vacation days, sabbatical and unpaid leave option
- Relocation support with service provider (visa, administration, etc.)
- Dog-friendly offices (at our Hamburg location)
For student & internship positions, we have an adjusted set of benefits. We can share them with you during the hiring process.
We are a young and innovative mobility company aspiring to change people’s lives by re-imagining urban mobility. MOIA is developing a radically new shuttle-on-demand service that will bring affordable, clean and convenient mobility to everybody and make cities a better place to live.
Running as an independent company under the umbrella of the Volkswagen Group, we are able to utilize the resources and know-how of a global corporation – while being an agile, experimental and team-spirited start-up.
Our fast growing team in Berlin and Hamburg has a human-centered perspective on mobility and is focusing on one goal: Be one of the leading global mobility-service-providers by 2025.
Sounds exciting? We are looking for bright minds who want to join us on this exciting and challenging journey. Become the next member of our diverse, inspired and highly skilled team!