- Senior engineer with several years of relevant software development experience
- Strong proficiency in modern C++
- Solid understanding of algorithmic complexity and common data structures
- Experience of deploying software in Linux environments
- Enjoy solving difficult problems efficiently and effectively
- Curious to learn and to understand details, be it programming languages, libraries, tools or systems
- Excellent communication skills in English, knowledge of German or any other languages is a plus
- Experience working as both an individual contributor and collaborator
Ideally, you have one or more of the following qualifications
- Experience in developing web services (HTTP, gRPC, asynchronous programming, ...)
- In-depth knowledge of building and optimizing high-traffic web services for Linux
- Knowledge of other programming languages (e.g. Python, Go)
- Experience in deploying services to bare-metal Kubernetes clusters
In order for the technology to be used by millions of users, we develop high-performance backend systems that process all language-related requests. For this we rely on RPC servers and load balancers written in C++. You will join a passionate team that values secure, maintainable, modern (C++ 23) and fast code. Architecture decisions are made by the whole team in open discussions.
- Design, implement and test reliable, scalable, maintainable and efficient backend services for DeepL's products in C++
- Contribute to monitoring and debugging the services in production, e.g. by defining expressive metrics and ensuring informative logs
- Work with your team to optimize our services, e.g. by solving interesting algorithmic challenges or by improving the architecture
Helping people overcome communication barriers is the heart of what we do. Founded in Germany in 2017 by a team of engineers and researchers, DeepL has developed the world’s most accurate AI translation technology—enabling real-time, human-sounding translation.
Accessible via a web translator, browser extensions, desktop and mobile apps, and an API, DeepL supports a best-in-class translation experience in 34 languages and counting. Our 550-person team operates across four European hubs in Germany, the Netherlands, the UK, and Poland.