We are looking for enthusiastic and communicative (Senior) Backend Software Engineers - Python (m/f/d) to work on different parts of the momox backend in an agile environment in our Headquarters in Berlin.
- Working with a passionate team on a central component of the momox tech stack (e.g. warehouse management system, integrating external marketplaces)
- Understanding and solving complex business requirements
- Conception and improvement of our software architecture
- Taking ownership of your work, engaging in agile ceremonies and code reviews, and sharing your expertise within the team and company
- Having a direct impact in a sustainable and financially stable company
- Python, Django, Flask, FastAPI
- Celery, RabbitMQ
- MySQL, MongoDB
- CentOS, Debian
- GitLab, CI/CD
- Docker, Kubernetes
- React, Vue.js, TypeScript
- Google Cloud
- TDD, DDD, Scrum
- Exciting tasks and challenges in the center of Berlin
- Use 10% of your time for your passion projects: One day of a 14-day sprint is yours! Personal development, your own projects or learning new technologies – it’s up to you!
- Work in an agile environment (Scrum) with flat hierarchies
- Be part of a motivated, open-minded team and bring in new impulses
- We support you in creating open source projects
- Grow with space and budget for your professional development
- Enjoy a good work-life-balance with flexible working hours
- Prefer a MacBook or a Lenovo Thinkpad? Get your preferred hardware and Bose noise-canceling headphones
- Benefit from a discounted public transport ticket, shopping vouchers for our medimops.de shop, yoga and workout sessions, team events etc.
- Work in the best conditions with perks like an open space office, height-adjustable desks, table football, PS4, free snacks, fruit, drinks, coffee, etc.
- Join a company with a sustainable business model – “We give used goods a new home”
Individual work environment
Design your ergonomic workspace with height-adjustable desks and the laptop of your choice (MacBook or ThinkPad). We use state-of-the-art technology, and you even get your own Bose noise cancelling headphones.
We love second hand and integrate our sustainable business idea with simple methods into everyday office life through sustainable consumables, double-sided printing, energy-saving mode on equipment, waste separation, etc.
momox is only as good as you. That's why you will find room and budget for your individual professional development with language courses, internal training, conferences, (online) courses and more.
Open work environment
A bright office with flat hierarchies and open doors. We are a motivated team that is open to new impulses. Bring your ideas and put them into practice! In our break rooms you will not only find peace and quiet, but also action with kicker, PS4 and Xbox.
1 day of a 14-day sprint is yours! You can use it for your own projects, your personal development or to learn new technologies.
We celebrate with the whole team: summer, Christmas, Halloween, monthly breakfasts and movie nights, successes, etc.
1/2 day off on your birthday
On your birthday you get half a day off. Come later, leave earlier or just take another half day of your vacation budget to have the whole day off. Additionally you get half a day off on 24.12. and 31.12.
Sport and Fitness Options
A personal trainer comes every week to keep us fit or you can join our running group. A shower is provided to cool you down afterwards. Otherwise you can find your favourite sport with Gympass. The mobile massage visits us every 2nd week.
Daily fresh fruit and vegetables
We provide you with fruit, vegetables, mate, coffee and tee at the office. And twice a week you can order your lunch at Smunch.
Our office dogs provide an extra nice working atmosphere and are happy to be petted.
We value diverse teams for many reasons and are happy to welcome you, independent from your nationality, ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age or sexual orientation. What matters to us is that you are passionate, talented, willing to learn and want to grow with us.
momox is the leading online re-commerce provider for books, CDs, DVDs/ Blu-rays, games and clothing in Europe. We offer a fast and easy way for people to sell and purchase pre-owned consumer goods. Based in Berlin, we have launched our online trade-in service www.momox.de and the momox app for iOS and android where consumers in Germany, Austria, France, Belgium and United Kingdom can sell their stuff at fixed prices. The momox app is by far the easiest way to sell books and media items that you have no use for anymore. Simply scan the barcodes with the app, see the current price we offer and sell. We sell all products at second hand prices through our own online shops www.medimops.de (books and media) and www.momoxfashion.com (clothing) in Germany as well as www.momox-shop.fr in France. In addition, the articles are also sold worldwide via the large marketplaces. Today momox is the biggest vendor for used goods on amazon and eBay in Germany, and the biggest vendor on amazon worldwide. Founded in 2004 as Germany’s first re-commerce platform for pre-owned items, we have grown to more than 2.200 employees at four locations with our headquarter in Berlin. Up until now, momox has purchased more than 200 mio consumer goods. Imprint: https://www.momox.de/impressum/