What you’ll bring with you
- A good grip of building and designing HTTP APIs written in Java
- Clear understanding of Spring ecosystem and the way Spring applications are written
- Knowledge working with search technology and/or distributed systems in general
- Some experience with Elasticsearch or other distributed search and analytic engines
- A love for code quality and testing
We like you because
- You iterate fast, without compromising quality, while taking care of detail
- Clean code is your mantra as you look to improve what is existing
- Respectfully challenging your colleagues, and being challenged in return is welcomed by you
- You are passionate about learning, and want to help others learn too
- You can stand heat, noise and criticism without losing your smile
- You have values and opinions and can articulate them in fluent English
Above all else, you are a believer in the craft of Software Engineering and your ability to push the boundaries of what is possible on the web. You’ll collaborate closely with colleagues from the ideation of features through to the conceptual and planning phases, and bring innovative and delightful designs to life. Our team is the gatekeeper for the central JSON over HTTP API development, so we deal with all kinds of clients, handle stacks of data, but you will take these details in your stride, and make George shine for the user.
- We’re a team of experienced developers who love to exchange ideas and push the boundaries
- We provide a relaxed, professional environment and all the hardware & software you need to work efficiently (e.g. MacBook Pro, mobile device, licenses...)
- We're open minded, and always keen to stand up and go the extra mile for the correct solution
- We care for your personal well-being and career development while actively supporting your educational needs
- We encourage regular conference visits and multiple chances to shine with George
- New Work is not just another buzz word to us. We proactively adapt to the ever-changing work environment of today
- Working from home, virtual office, working while riding a bike. What ever and how ever you do your best work to make George shine, is fine by us.
A competitive and performance-related salary dependent on your professional and personal qualifications is granted - the minimum wage for this position in accordance with the respective collective agreement is EUR 52.220,- gross per year. But this is just a formality - we would be happy to talk about your actual salary in person!
Who we are and what we doWith more than 2,000 IT experts and enthusiasts, we are the Digital Muscle of Erste Group. With our services, we contribute to the realization of Erste Group’s vision: To provide human banking in digital times, and to build Financial Health for over 16 million customers in the CEE region.
Working for Erste DigitalWe aim to attract and retain IT experts and enthusiasts that have personality and conviction. Therefore, we aspire to be an IT employer beyond compare, where everyone has room to grow, learn and reach their full potential.
We bring banking business and IT together, take future developments into account or drive them forward. Short and sweet: We create the future of banking. That‘s why we empower our employees to rethink and continuously develop our digital offerings.
We are Erste Digital. And we are #digitaltotheheart
NumbersEmployees: 2,000+ people
Locations: Vienna, Bratislava and Prague