What you’ll bring with you
- Proven technical expertise in cloud technology and architecture SaaS, PaaS, IaaS and Digital Transformation related topics
- Multiple years of experience as an operations engineer, ideally with DevOps experience
- Scripting skills (bash / python), with Linux environment
- Strong trouble shooting and problem analysis skills
- Technical knowledge in any of the following areas: Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure, Google) or Containers (Kubernetes, Docker, Cloud Foundry)
- A natural confidence with your communication and team skills, while being fluent in English
- The right mindset for DevOps knowing the processes and the common tools (development pipeline, continuous delivery, automated testing, application analytics)
You will impress us by
- Having a background and interest in either enterprise IT or software development or application modernization, in a DevOps environment
- Your never-ending passion for Cloud technologies and your ability to quickly learn new ones
- Being fascinated in trying out new technologies and seeing new challenges as an opportunity to shine
- Embracing the opportunity to work in a team with a flat hierarchy and open culture
- Having the nature to stand the heat, noise and criticism without losing your smile
The Future of Banking is Digital. Digital transformation is happening at every level in the banking industry, and leading this initiative by delivering digital solutions across Erste Group, is what we do. Artificial Intelligence, check, Data Scientists making meaning from Big Data, we’ve got that covered too. One of our prized solutions is the award winning digital banking platform, George, providing a desktop and mobile banking gateway for the bank’s retail customers. We are agile & awesome, creative & brave, playful & serious. And we are looking for great people to help us deliver this promise.
As the saying goes; ‘keep your feet on the ground, and your head in the clouds’, is the type of person we are looking for. Someone who has the foresight and expertise to define the cloud landscape, while being the person on the ground helping the customer and our teams succeed in the cloud journey. As a Cloud Engineer, you will facilitate, communicate, design and guide the implementation of cloud technical blueprints. You will ultimately be responsible for matching the technical design specifications with the needs of our customers, but also help our project managers and cloud engineers understand these requirements with clarity.
- Because you will be joining a dynamic, international and diverse workplace
- We provide a relaxed, professional environment and all the hardware & software you need to work efficiently (e.g. Laptop, mobile device, licenses...)
- We care for your personal well-being and career development while actively supporting your educational needs
- We communicate and collaborate with a variety of tools including Slack, Confluence and JIRA
- We encourage regular conference visits and multiple chances to shine with George.
- We feed you with coffee, sweets and fruits and provide table soccer and table tennis to train the stuff away
- Working from home, virtual office, working while riding a bike. What ever and how ever you do your best work to make George shine, is fine by us.
A competitive and performance-related salary dependent on your professional and personal qualifications is granted - the minimum wage for this position in accordance with the respective collective agreement is EUR 52.220,- gross per year. But this is just a formality - we would be happy to talk about your actual salary in person!
Who we are and what we doWith more than 2,000 IT experts and enthusiasts, we are the Digital Muscle of Erste Group. With our services, we contribute to the realization of Erste Group’s vision: To provide human banking in digital times, and to build Financial Health for over 16 million customers in the CEE region.
Working for Erste DigitalWe aim to attract and retain IT experts and enthusiasts that have personality and conviction. Therefore, we aspire to be an IT employer beyond compare, where everyone has room to grow, learn and reach their full potential.
We bring banking business and IT together, take future developments into account or drive them forward. Short and sweet: We create the future of banking. That‘s why we empower our employees to rethink and continuously develop our digital offerings.
We are Erste Digital. And we are #digitaltotheheart
NumbersEmployees: 2,000+ people
Locations: Vienna, Bratislava and Prague