What you’ll bring with you
- Several years of experience in Android development within a dynamic Agile environment
- A healthy knowledge of Kotlin
- An expertise of Rest API, and source-code management using Git
- Profound refactoring skills and working with legacy code
- Good communication skills to transport your technical vision
- Experience in organizing and aligning groups of engineers
We like you because
- You like to help an organization with the following things:
- Defining methods, tools and standards for your chapter (determines the way of working)
- Governing best practices on how to do things
- Defining overall strategy for your area of responsibility and (tech) vision for your chapter
- Ensuring quality level of specialists (trainings, etc.)
- Offering guidance and advice for chapter challenges and development goals
- Encouraging chapter members to develop themselves and facilitate the development
- Evaluating, promoting, coaching and developing your chapter
- Ensuring the chapter members have appropriate competencies and skills by continuous improvement of their skills
- Ensuring a proper and efficient process for release creation across your chapter
- Ensuring that chapter delivery gets inspected and adapted continuously to improve the quality of delivery
- Organizing Chapter Events
- Ensuring cross chapter alignment with other chapter leads
- You see the poetry in clean, perfect code as you look to improve what is existing
- Of experience with Android Architecture Components, Kotlin Coroutines and Jetpack Compose
- Of being open-minded, dedicated and passionate about what you do
- You respect the challenges that others deal with, while strive to help the team reach its goals and potential
- Of having the nature to stand the heat, noise and criticism without losing your smile
- Of expressing your values and opinions and articulating them in fluent English
As Chapter Lead, you are an expert in your domain and fully embrace the project mission and the product vision. You ensure consistency across the different squads. Your focus is coaching, aligning and helping the chapter member grow in their function. This means taking care about their skills, working culture and attitude, helping exploit their strengths and handle their weaknesses.
You are also responsible to make sure that all chapter members embrace the craft vision and align the craft vision with the product vision. You ensure that Chapter Members across our offices and features teams are actively contributing to its achievement. Additionally, you define working standards, advocate for best practice and coordinates technologies. You define the HOW. You represent George in their Domain to the outside world and are responsible for cross-squad topics. You are in charge or support agile managers in selecting and hiring new chapter experts, as well as coordinating their onboarding process.
Join us in our agile environment and make banking simple, intelligent and personal again!
- We’re a team of experienced developers who love to exchange ideas and push the boundaries
- We provide everything you need to work (e.g., MacBook Pro, mobile device, licenses) and lots of additional benefits
- We offer flexible working hours and are open for remote working
- We are open minded, and always keen to stand up and go the extra mile for the correct solution
- We care for your personal well-being and career development while actively supporting your educational needs
- We communicate and collaborate with a variety of tools including Slack, Confluence and JIRA
- We encourage regular conference visits and multiple chances to shine with George.
- We feed you with coffee, sweets and fruits and provide table soccer and table tennis to train the stuff away
- Working from home, virtual office, working while riding a bike. Whatever and however you do your best work to make George shine, is fine by us.
- A competitive and performance-related salary dependent on your professional and personal qualifications is granted - the minimum wage for this position is EUR 56 000,- gross per year. But this is just a formality - we would be happy to talk about your actual salary in person!
All candidates will be contacted with feedback by the end of January.
Who we are and what we doWith more than 2,000 IT experts and enthusiasts, we are the Digital Muscle of Erste Group. With our services, we contribute to the realization of Erste Group’s vision: To provide human banking in digital times, and to build Financial Health for over 16 million customers in the CEE region.
Working for Erste DigitalWe aim to attract and retain IT experts and enthusiasts that have personality and conviction. Therefore, we aspire to be an IT employer beyond compare, where everyone has room to grow, learn and reach their full potential.
We bring banking business and IT together, take future developments into account or drive them forward. Short and sweet: We create the future of banking. That‘s why we empower our employees to rethink and continuously develop our digital offerings.
We are Erste Digital. And we are #digitaltotheheart
NumbersEmployees: 2,000+ people
Locations: Vienna, Bratislava and Prague