What you’ll bring with you
- An ability to analyse and investigate incidents on a technical level in the cloud and on-premise infrastructure
- Knowledge to support developers in infrastructure architecture topics
- Patience to inspect and analyse logs (Apache, Tomcat, custom) and correlate information in several logs using tools such as Kibana
- Ability to see the “big picture” of the whole solution to be able to determine the root causes of problems
- Willingness to support in performance testing and analyse results to suggest software and infrastructure optimisation
- Willingness to support in application sizing and releases from test environments to bringing it to production
- Patience to create and maintain operational documentation.
- Knowledge to participate in the ongoing initiative to migrate on-premise infrastructure to public cloud
- Knowledge of Setting up and maintaining monitoring of applications for Service Desk teams (Kibana, Prometheus, File Beats and more)
- Openness to investigate and suggest improvements to current infrastructure set up by staying up to date with the latest technologies and infrastructure.
- Willingness to do on-call support rotation (1 week on call in 6 to 8 weeks)
We like you because
- You are proficient in English
- You bring experience with
- Elastic Search, Kafka, Cassandra
- Relational databases and SQL queries
- Experience with AWS, Kubernetes and other containers
- You have Understanding of
- Java Application servers / Standalone Java basic configuration
- HTTP/HTTPS, RESTFul API (JSON)
- Messaging services/Concepts (MQ, AQ, JMS)
- Of proactive communication and being team-player in a highly motivated team
- You work independently and enjoy solving problems and learn new skills
- You are open to work in a highly international environment
For the international customer-oriented banking application, we seek a candidate for the position “DevOps Engineer” for Cloud and on-premise datacentre infrastructure and applications.
Why you will like us
- We provide everything you need to work (e.g., MacBook Pro, mobile device, licenses) and lots of additional benefits.
- We are open minded, and we are always keen to stand up and go the extra mile for the correct solution.
- We care for your personal well-being and career development while actively supporting your educational needs
- We encourage regular conference visits and multiple chances to shine with George.
- New Work is not just another buzz word to us. We proactively adapt to the ever-changing work environment of today.
- Working from home, virtual office, working while riding a bike. What ever and how ever you do your best work to make George shine, is fine by us.
- A competitive and performance-related salary dependent on your professional and personal qualifications is granted - the minimum wage for this position in accordance with the respective collective agreement is EUR 44.660, - gross per year. But this is just a formality - we would be happy to talk about your actual salary in person!
The way we are
As an employee of Erste Digital, the success of our people is more than a motto, it’s our manifest. We nurture a work environment where age, skin colour, gender, sexual orientation and cultural background are seen as the key to our success – we live diversity!
Who we are and what we doWith more than 2,000 IT experts and enthusiasts, we are the Digital Muscle of Erste Group. With our services, we contribute to the realization of Erste Group’s vision: To provide human banking in digital times, and to build Financial Health for over 16 million customers in the CEE region.
Working for Erste DigitalWe aim to attract and retain IT experts and enthusiasts that have personality and conviction. Therefore, we aspire to be an IT employer beyond compare, where everyone has room to grow, learn and reach their full potential.
We bring banking business and IT together, take future developments into account or drive them forward. Short and sweet: We create the future of banking. That‘s why we empower our employees to rethink and continuously develop our digital offerings.
We are Erste Digital. And we are #digitaltotheheart
NumbersEmployees: 2,000+ people
Locations: Vienna, Bratislava and Prague