- Initial commercial Software Engineering experience
- Experience using any OOP (ideally Java with Maven and Spring Boot), RESTful APIs and Microservices, JUnit, MySQL/MariaDB
- You are open to trying new approaches, technical and procedural, and happy to touch modern Angular front-end code from time to time
- Experience working within a cross-functional engineering team alongside Product Owners, UX Designers and Agile Coaches
- Strong knowledge of Git and agile processes
Although not required, we would be excited if you had experience with some of the below:
- Non-relational databases (e.g. DynamoDB, MongoDB) and in-memory search tools (Elasticsearch)
- Building systems cloud-first (Docker, AWS - Lambda, DynamoDB, and related serverless technologies)
- Maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Working on subscription or high-volume transactional systems
- Knowledge of streaming and queuing solutions (ideally Kafka)
- Some initial experience in monitoring applications
You will be expected to have an understanding of what affiliate marketing is and what we do in the industry for any role within Awin.
Working within one of our agile Engineering teams, this role reports to a Lead Engineer. You will be working closely with your team members to write SOLID, secure & well-tested code, implement new features and maintain our award-winning affiliate marketing platform.
As a Junior Engineer, you are a passionate and innovative technologist with a proactive, quality first approach to development. You are able to learn quickly and work on tasks efficiently with support from Senior Engineers within an interactive and fun development environment.
The Floating Team comes with a mission to supplement the Service Oriented Teams (SOT) where there is a lack of capacity to work on strategic business priorities. The team is cross-functional, has great technical expertise and a holistic platform overview.
The Floating Team supports the SOTs using end to end development of features and brings in best practices with testing & documentation - focusing on creating a smooth developer experience for the SOTs. We work with an exciting mixture of technologies including Java, NodeJS, Angular, AWS, Kafka, Jenkins, Micro-services with Docker & REST.
Key responsibilities within this superb role include:
- Code development, refactoring and innovation
- Contribute to building new products and help shape development technologies and practices
- Help re-engineer and continuously improve existing applications
- Work with Product Managers to convert user stories to features and tasks
- Grapple with business logic and help solve business needs
- Design and build distributed systems using streaming and queueing solutions
- Work with different technologies as needed and be encouraged to experiment and drive change
As a Junior Software Engineer, you will:
- Work inside a small team of passionate software engineers on the entire life cycle of a service or product
- Develop code and contribute to reviews, retrospectives, planning and development sessions
- Contribute to group development initiatives and discussions
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely fashion when required – assisted by senior engineers
- Communicate effectively in both verbal (day-to-day discussions, team meetings) and written forms (documentation, emails, communication tools) with local and remote team members
Whilst the above is a guide to general expectation of the role, we expect this position to evolve allowing you greater scope to gain both knowledge and experience within the online and affiliate marketplace.
Established in 2000, Awin is proud of our dynamic, social and inclusive culture.
Like all businesses, we’ve had to adapt and nurture our culture in a virtual environment. Our virtual ‘Life @ Awin’ hub brings our colleagues from across the globe together for various social activities.
Diversity & Inclusion are paramount to us, and we proudly pursue and hire diverse team members. We champion uniqueness and authenticity; this is who we are at our core. Our network of affiliate partnerships are diverse and transparent, as are the employees powering our vision to build the world’s leading open partner ecosystem. We welcome all backgrounds, identities, and experiences. If you need support at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Apply now to begin the next stage of your career at a progressive company that supports both your professional and personal development.