- Several years of experience building single page web applications
- Fluency in web development technologies with a good feel for what is and is not possible
- Ninja-like skills of refactoring and working with legacy code.
- Understanding the value of TDD, BDD and testing frameworks (Jest, Mocha, Jasmine) as a way to deliver software of higher value
- An ability to express your values and opinions and articulating them in fluent English
We are looking for someone, who...
- wants to write clean and solid code
- loves improving the Design of existing code
- manages to work effectively with legacy code
- already started the road from journeyman to master
- can tell what the code smells like
Your idea of a perfect offsite would be to perform code reviews with other developers. As our Frontend Engineer (all genders), you will implement new features for the George banking platform, and when needed, change and extend existing features. You’ll collaborate closely with business analysts in specking new features, initiate test coverage for existing features, and help bring innovative and delightful designs to life. We’re looking for mindful, empathetic, and self-aware engineers to join our team and make George shine for the user.
- We’re a team of experienced developers who love to exchange ideas and push the boundaries
- We provide everything you need to work (e.g., MacBook Pro, mobile device, licenses) and lots of additional benefits
- We are open minded, and we are always keen to stand up and go the extra mile for the correct solution
- We care for your personal well-being and career development while actively supporting your educational needs
- We encourage regular conference visits and multiple chances to shine with George
- New Work is not just another buzz word to us. We proactively adapt to the ever-changing work environment of today
- Working from home, virtual office, working while riding a bike. What ever and how ever you do your best work to make George shine, is fine by us.
A competitive and performance-related salary dependent on your professional and personal qualifications is granted - the minimum wage for this position in accordance with the respective collective agreement is EUR 52.220,- gross per year. But this is just a formality - we would be happy to talk about your actual salary in person!
Who we are and what we doWith more than 2,000 IT experts and enthusiasts, we are the Digital Muscle of Erste Group. With our services, we contribute to the realization of Erste Group’s vision: To provide human banking in digital times, and to build Financial Health for over 16 million customers in the CEE region.
Working for Erste DigitalWe aim to attract and retain IT experts and enthusiasts that have personality and conviction. Therefore, we aspire to be an IT employer beyond compare, where everyone has room to grow, learn and reach their full potential.
We bring banking business and IT together, take future developments into account or drive them forward. Short and sweet: We create the future of banking. That‘s why we empower our employees to rethink and continuously develop our digital offerings.
We are Erste Digital. And we are #digitaltotheheart
NumbersEmployees: 2,000+ people
Locations: Vienna, Bratislava and Prague