Your desired background and experience:
- Good knowledge (5-7 years) in Java applications development
- Fluency in English for both verbal and written communication
- Solid knowledge of current and emerging technologies to apply it towards solutions in business applications
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and communication
- Collaboration across multiple product teams
- Problem solving / analytical thinking
- Team spirit
The Business Process Management department is looking for an engaged and enthusiastic Senior Software Developer to join our team in building the finest digital banking processes.
Our team is cross-functional and involved in the ideation of features, from the conceptual and planning phases to the implementation and shipping of requirements. Your contribution is not only high-quality code, but you are actively shaping the product and its technological landscape with your ideas.
As our Senior Software Engineer you will design, develop, deploy and operate existing complex solutions with focus on high availability, scalability and low latency.
Your role is to build and maintain solutions and Java microservices on top of Oracle DB and Elastic Search and frontends in Angular. Work with other software engineers and requirement engineers, to build solutions and gain novel insights.
As part of a highly motivated team you will:
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on backend design, clean coding and unit testing
- Contribute to the technical design and the continuous improvement of our services and interfaces. Gather and address technical and design requirements
- Liaise with other developers, solution manager, analyst and architect to identify new features and solutions to meet business needs
- Follow Agile principles like Scrum or Kanban
- Optimize performance of existing backend services
- Follow emerging technologies, and here is our tech-stack: Java SE 8+, Java EE, Angular, Hibernate, Webservices REST/SOAP, Oracle DB, Typescript, Junit/TestNG, Unix/Linux, JIRA, Confluence
Who we are and what we doWith more than 2,000 IT experts and enthusiasts, we are the Digital Muscle of Erste Group. With our services, we contribute to the realization of Erste Group’s vision: To provide human banking in digital times, and to build Financial Health for over 16 million customers in the CEE region.
Working for Erste DigitalWe aim to attract and retain IT experts and enthusiasts that have personality and conviction. Therefore, we aspire to be an IT employer beyond compare, where everyone has room to grow, learn and reach their full potential.
We bring banking business and IT together, take future developments into account or drive them forward. Short and sweet: We create the future of banking. That‘s why we empower our employees to rethink and continuously develop our digital offerings.
We are Erste Digital. And we are #digitaltotheheart
NumbersEmployees: 2,000+ people
Locations: Vienna, Bratislava and Prague