- Life as a senior frontend engineer at Heartbeat:
As a senior frontend engineer you will work as part of the product team. Your work will involve close collaboration with the chief product officer, chief technology officer, product designers and engineers.
Also as a senior engineer you will work closely with junior engineers helping them to develop. You will review code changes and collaborate with other engineers to ensure we have a high code quality.
We normally work in 2 week cycles (sprints) but occasionally we also work in a more flexible Kanban format.
Testing plays an important part of our product. As a medical product it’s important our product is safe. You will ensure our frontend product is safe, through a mix of unit, integration and end-to-end testing.
We are using TypeScript, React, GraphQL, HTML/CSS on the frontend. With our backend being a combination of containerised NodeJS or Golang applications. This is hosted either in our datacenter or, for some of our customers, on premise. Additionally we use the standard software to help us plan and deploy our product: Gitlab, Jira, and Confluence.
What you can expect from the product team:
- We don’t build products alone. When you are here, you are part of the team. We will support you and challenge you.
- Someone to pair with. We love pair programming.
- Difficult and interesting problems. Building software for healthcare is hard, you can expect plenty of amazing problems to work on.
- Ample opportunity for growth, monthly company reviews, 6-month performance reviews and bi-weekly 1-1s with your manager.
What you can expect from Heartbeat:
- An attractive and fair package: time off to recharge, 30 days vacation a year & public holidays, attractive compensation, remote first from within Germany or work from one of our offices in Berlin or Cologne.
- Permanent contract. Flexible and family-friendly working hours.
- A growing company! It’s an exciting time and we are looking for more fantastic people to help us expand our product.
- Plenty of opportunities to get to know the rest of the team. We know it’s hard to join a company remotely, we make extra effort to get to know each other.
- Collaborative growth: You will work in a creative work environment with short decision-making paths and a high degree of autonomy to develop your own ideas. A personal as well as team budget can be used to support your personal and professional development.
- Backing from top European venture capital: Whether it's HV Capital, btov or HTGF - we are proud to have some of the most renowned European VC funds on board.
We believe that listening to the patient's perspective will transform healthcare and empower everyone involved to make better decisions. We are focused on bringing the best technology and science to support all stakeholders in impacting what matters most to patients: their quality of life.
Heartbeat has been supporting leading healthcare organisations since 2014 on transformative and ambitious projects. We are Germany's leading provider for Patient Reported Outcomes collection and analytics.