- 5+ years of development experience with a wide variety of languages including Java
or Scala or any other JVM-based language (If you do not have experience with Scala: You are willing and interested in learning Scala)
- You have excellent leadership skills and experience managing teams (or would like to improve in this area)
- Consistent track record of developing backend applications (links to projects or GitHub are welcome!)
- You know how to automate testing and deployment processes
- You have strong communication & presentation skills
- You are a self-starter with a strong ‘hands-on’ mentality & passion for solving problems
- You work efficiently, prioritise workloads, and meet critical project deadlines
- You are constantly learning, asking for feedback, and self-motivated
- You are permitted to work in the EU/Austria (OR have a degree in Computer Science
which is required to apply for an Austrian work permit)
- You are able to relocate to / based in Vienna - the world’s most liveable city!
NICE TO HAVE (BUT NOT REQUIRED!)
- Experience with the following technologies: PostgreSQL, Redis, Docker, AWS, Kubernetes
- Experience working with statistical methods or machine learning algorithms
A happy team makes for a happy workplace. We wouldn’t be able to do what we are doing
without our team and that’s why we offer:
- A fair salary (incl. additional 13th & 14th salary), for this position we are offering an
annual gross salary between €54,000 - €67,000, our final offer will depend on your experience and qualifications amongst other factors
- A bunch of awesome social benefits (incl. public transport card, health insurance,
pension fund, in-house/online yoga, German classes and access to premium
language learning app)
- Daily lunch vouchers and a fully functional kitchen in our office with access to
healthy and organic foods (cornflakes, fresh fruit, yoghurt, Italian portafilter coffee
and a huge range of teas)
- 25 vacation days per year as well as public holidays
- Team activities - annual team trip, get-togethers and digital events
- Work in a fun, bright and award-winning office - built by the Journi Team! Including ping-pong and foosball to blow off steam
- High-end computer (Mac) set-up and tools that will make you enjoy getting your work done
- Flexible working hours (with core hours: 10am-4pm Mo-Th; and 10am-2pm on Fr)
Journi is a tech company, changing the multi-billion euro personalized print industry.
Its mission is to turn your photos into printed memories in the most customer-centric way: Making the creation process feeling as easy as taking photos and the results looking like made by a designer.
To make this happen the company is leveraging the combination of massive amounts of data, modern AI and customer friendly UX. Furthermore the company’s production is 100% sustainable.
At Journi we believe in innovation, collaboration and a future where digital and print go hand in hand to preserve lasting memories.
We want to become the leading destination to share and print your moments.
We have already inspired more than 3 million users around the globe and established Journi as a key player in a booming market, however, we have only scratched the surface of our potential.
We are a startup and the creators of the most successful photo and print apps on the market. The Journi apps are downloaded and used by millions of users worldwide.
We have been featured by Apple and Google over 20k times and have been covered by Forbes, the L.A. Times, TNW, Techcrunch and many more.