- 3+ years of experience with Java or Scala (If you do not have experience with Scala: You are willing and interested in learning Scala)
- Consistent track record of developing backend applications (links to projects or GitHub are welcome!)
- You are a self-starter with a strong ‘hands-on’ mentality who initiates new ideas and
processes and have a passion for solving problems
- You work efficiently, prioritise workloads, and meet critical project deadlines
- You are detail-oriented, constantly questioning the status quo and challenging the
accuracy of your output
- You have strong communication skills
- You are a team player who appreciates working with and learning from others
- You are permitted to work in the EU/Austria (OR have a degree in Computer Science
which is required to apply for an Austrian work permit)
- You are able to relocate to / based in Vienna - the world’s most liveable city!
NICE TO HAVE (BUT NOT REQUIRED!)
- Experience with the following technologies: PostgreSQL, Redis, Docker, AWS, Kubernetes
- Experience working with statistical methods or machine learning algorithms
We focus on fostering a unique company culture which values transparency, flexibility and
personal development. Here’s what we offer:
- The opportunity to have an impact in a fast-growing and well-established ecommerce
startup with valuable insights into a mobile-first company
- A fair and competitive salary (incl. additional 13th & 14th salary)
- Flexible working hours (with core hours: 10am-4pm Mo-Th; and 10am-2pm on Fr) and Fridays reserved for home office
- A bunch of awesome social benefits (incl. public transport card, health insurance, private pension fund, in-house/online yoga, German classes and access to premium language learning app)
- Daily lunch vouchers and a fully functional kitchen in our office with access to healthy
and organic foods (cornflakes, fresh fruit, yoghurt, Italian portafilter coffee and a huge range of teas)
- 25 vacation days per year as well as public holidays
- Team activities - annual team trip, get-togethers and digital events
- Work in a fun, bright and award-winning office - built by the Journi Team! Including ping-pong and foosball to blow off steam
- High-end computer (Mac) set-up and tools that will make you enjoy getting your work done
- Relocation and visa support as well as German lessons
- Be part of a team of highly motivated and like-minded individuals who you can learn from and want to learn from you too!
Yearly salary range: EUR 46.200 - 54.600
Journi is a tech company, changing the multi-billion euro personalized print industry.
Its mission is to turn your photos into printed memories in the most customer-centric way: Making the creation process feeling as easy as taking photos and the results looking like made by a designer.
To make this happen the company is leveraging the combination of massive amounts of data, modern AI and customer friendly UX. Furthermore the company’s production is 100% sustainable.
At Journi we believe in innovation, collaboration and a future where digital and print go hand in hand to preserve lasting memories.
We want to become the leading destination to share and print your moments.
We have already inspired more than 3 million users around the globe and established Journi as a key player in a booming market, however, we have only scratched the surface of our potential.
We are a startup and the creators of the most successful photo and print apps on the market. The Journi apps are downloaded and used by millions of users worldwide.
We have been featured by Apple and Google over 20k times and have been covered by Forbes, the L.A. Times, TNW, Techcrunch and many more.