WHY YOU ARE OUR PERFECT MATCH - MUST HAVES
We are looking for someone who has enthusiasm to built stuff and build a community around it. To troubleshoot compiler errors but also thinks about how to reach the next 10x users for the same project. We are pioneering a space that still has many white areas on the map. How to build tooling that gets people excited to build Cloud Foundations? We have started a bunch of open source projects (collie-cli, unipipe, landing zone construction kit) and received good feedback from the few users that got into them, but those projects are still only known to a very small nieche of the market.
Your job is to change that. How do we get those open source projects into every Cloud Foundations hands? One of the (in our eyes) best things about this role is the freedom you get to find answers to the above questions.
By it’s nature you will need strong coding skills and ideally have some examples of work you did in the past at hand.
Having already worked on open source software and community building is a huge plus :))
DO WHAT YOU LOVE
As an Open Source Contributor at meshcloud you consider yourself a pioneer and building something that actually has an impact, is not only important for you its your passion.
Here is an example of the ideal future outcome, provided by the work you do:
“The speed of Cloud Foundations directly correlates with the confidence in their ability to offer new services to their customers. Good tools instill confidence. By providing first class cloud foundation tooling we helped Cloud Foundations around the world grow faster than they thought possible.”
“Our Cloud Foundation team is under high pressure to deliver. We have customers wanting landing zones and other services and management wanting to see faster cloud adoption asap. Bringing in meshcloud for building up and operating the service offering for a few months took a lot of pressure from my team to work on a different part of the puzzle. Demonstrating results in production fast helped us to show our management that this whole cloud foundation building is actually getting us somewhere.”
- Improve Tooling for building Cloud Foundations
- Build a great community of Cloud Experts around you, engage with them and show off presentations of the tooling
- Work as an advocate at meshcloud with a lots of freedom, while still having a team (and an amazing product) behind you
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
Our vision "Empower Humans to build a better future" is not only related to the opportunities we offer our customers, but is also reflected in our everyday work. That's why your ideas are important to us! With the help of lean and fast processes, our teams effectively drive improvements and have a great impact on the development of our product and meshcloud every day.
Our benefits and perks include:
- We support your personal and professional development! During your first six weeks with us, we will work with you to create a development and training plan tailored to your needs
- Training budget of 3.000€ per year
- Many free snacks & drinks in our office in Frankfurt (dogs also welcome)
- Mobile working within Germany possible, after onboarding option to World Office
- Regular live team events and weekly virtual coffee dates
- Work in small, self-organized teams with clear goals
- Freedom and the possibility to make independent decisions are a matter of course for us, but of course you can still expect teamwork and mutual support
- For all bookworms: Access to over a hundred books in our meshBib on topics such as coding, leadership, personal development, etc.
- On top: 1800€ tax-free budget per year, which can be used for lunch, gym, internet and mobility
For those interested, here is an overview of our current tech stack.
Join our team and help us accelerate the digital transformation of the Global 2000 companies. How we do it? With our Cloud Foundation platform, a unique solution on the market today.
Almost all larger enterprises will face the challenge of mastering their cloud governance in the next few years, or they are already in the midst of it. A Cloud Foundation is an organizational approach to mastering the Cloud Journey. Our platform provides software development teams with everything they need to successfully develop cloud-native applications.
However, the solution offers much more than just cloud services, as it also covers organizational issues such as IAM and cost management. The "Cloud Foundation Team" integrates all these functions through a unified control plane. This approach relieves our customers' more than a thousand users of organizational tasks and frees them to focus on software delivery.
Our common goal: Every large organization in this world should know what Cloud Foundation Platforms are and why they need one.