We don’t expect you to tick all the boxes, but we would love to hear from you if you think you’re a good fit.
- Profound backend skills: You will be working on a Ruby on Rails (RoR) application in a platform-oriented architecture, and you know the caveats that come with it.
- You have experience working with cloud technologies.
- Having working experience with Ruby, Ruby on Rails is a big plus.
- Experience in other languages is nice to have.
- You are comfortable working in distributed team setups.
- Automated testing, clean code and code coverage is just as important to you as production code.
- You're into agile methodologies and enjoy working in teams with a focus on sharing knowledge.
- You get things done, have a positive mindset, and are known as a motivated team player with good communication skills in English.
- You are culturally open – XING employees come from more than 30 different countries that bring their collective experiences and culture to work every day. We value each and every person for who they are.
XING is the leading online business network with 19 million members in German-speaking countries. Workers from every industry use XING to connect with one another, to look for jobs, new hires, projects, cooperation partners, expert advice and business ideas.
We're always looking to hear from engineers who love their craft to help us shape the future – for a better working life!
We have offices in various parts of Europe (Hamburg, Munich, Vienna, Barcelona, Porto and, more recently, Valencia).
XING employees come from more than 30 different countries and bring their collective experiences and culture to work every day. Some of us studied computer science, while others come from other fields or don't even have a degree-level qualification. The key common ingredient is a willingness to learn and grow.
For our New Work Harbour Office in Hamburg, we are looking for a Backend Software Engineer to support the growth of a consolidated team.
Join our fast growing cross-functional and international teams in Hamburg and have an impact on new products for XING.
You can look forward to:
- You provide robust and sustainable Software for a high-volume application.
- Performance of our applications is key, and you will be responsible for backend services that serve our users quickly and reliably.
- While backend is your focus, you have close discussions with experts in other teams and technologies about the architecture of the applications you’re responsible for.
- You work in a cross-functional, professional, distributed team in a highly dynamic and agile development environment.
- You actively participate in iteratively improving our collaboration and processes.
- You collaborate with people of different roles, backgrounds, preferences and skills, and you contribute to the success of the company.
Join us at our brand-new, innovative and dynamic office next to the River Elbe in Hamburg’s newest district, the Hafencity. Enjoy flexible working hours and the option to work up to 60% from mobile-office. Benefit from the many training and development opportunities, language courses and regular team events on offer. Take on an exciting role within a motivated and friendly team, coupled with the freedom you need to develop and share your own ideas. Quench your thirst with free drinks and excellent coffee, along with a canteen and a bar where you can meet up with colleagues. Train and meet new people by visiting the free gym. Get a smartphone or iPad you can also use privately. Explore the city of Hamburg in your free time with a subsidised HVV ProfiTicket. What’s not to like about all that?
We don’t see “New Work” as a buzzword. To us, it’s a promise.
We strive to make happiness at work a reality – by creating the best team setup you can imagine, driving innovation and working on things we're all passionate about.
Based on this conviction, we align our brands, products and services around a common vision – for a better working life.
Currently, around 1600 employees from 55 different nations are actively shaping the future of work at our HQ in Hamburg and other locations like Berlin, Munich, Vienna, Zurich, Barcelona, Valencia and Porto. About 400 of our employees are developers, working on the product portfolio of brands like XING or kununu.
Their expertise enables us to offer solutions that will change the way companies work and recruit, matching the right people with the right jobs.
Do you want to enhance everyone's working life, including your own? Welcome to NEW WORK SE.