100% remote possible, but German residential address required
- You have experience in Scala (mid- to senior-level), SBT & messaging systems such as Kafka
- You have experience in functional programming and / or OOP, and you understand the advantages of functional programming and strive to use it in your everyday work
- You have hands-on experience with operational environments, or the desire to learn how your software runs and what it takes to operate it
- You care about quality and testing, taking into account simplicity of your solutions
- You take over responsibility, give and take feedback, and share your opinion
- You are eager to constantly learn together with the team by doing code reviews, pair programming and feedback sessions
- Being familiar with Docker and related technologies (e.g. Kubernetes) is a plus
- You have good English language skills (German is not required)
We recently decided to enforce our development teams which is why we are looking for Scala Developers (mid to senior level) for three different teams. All teams use Scala and functional programming paradigm, optimising performance and scalability.
Each team has their own focus but with all of them you’ll be involved in shaping the team’s processes, have a say in what technology to use and how to implement new features, services and technical concepts. Generally, we are looking for active, communicative and fun team members who want to get involved in actively shaping the future development of our products!
- Own the team’s product / component ensuring scalability and stability
- Add new features and continuously improve quality
- Implement, test and operate services (mostly in Scala)
- Collaborate with other Riskies, e.g. in pair programming sessions and code reviews
- Be responsible for the full lifecycle of your code: from the initial idea through development and testing to deployment and operation
- Be responsible for the quality of what you deliver
RISK IDENT is a young and fast-growing software development company based in Hamburg, Germany. Founded in 2012, our team became one of the market leaders within fraud prevention in the German speaking market in a very short period of time. Today, RISK IDENT has a strong customer base, the majority of our customers coming from e-commerce, telecommunications and financial services. We secure more than 50 billion euros of annual turnover against fraud for our customers. We are an established start-up with an innovative SaaS business model. We have an excellent market position and are financially backed. Today, our team consists of around 70 people at our HQ in Hamburg, with every single one of them loving what they do. We are always on the lookout for new challenges and for smart people to accompany us along the way!