• The WeAreDevelopers World Congress is moving from Vienna to Berlin in 2019 - The WOODSTOCK of developers will take place in the CityCube of Messe Berlin
• The unique location provides space for more than 10,000 developers and IT specialists while also offering a stronger positioning in the CEE market
• Furthermore, WeAreDevelopers is expanding its Germany-Team
Berlin / Vienna, 31.07.2018 - For the first time, Europe's largest developer conference will take place in Germany in 2019: WeAreDevelopers is moving its WeAreDevelopers World Congress from Vienna to the large, colorful, and bright capital Berlin. On June 6th & 7th 2019, international tech leaders will discuss the latest and hottest IT topics under the title "People - Code - Future" in the CityCube of Messe Berlin.
The event serves as a networking opportunity between leading technology companies and the European developer community. Launched in 2015 with 300 participants, the Congress has already firmly established itself as one of the most important industry events for developers in Europe. In May of this year, WeAreDevelopers welcomed more than 8,000 developers and IT specialists to the Congress in Vienna. In 2019, more than 10,000 participants are expected in Berlin. With more than 33,000 square meters of exhibition and stage space, Messe Berlin offers the perfect setting for the international developer event. A big part of the Congress will take place in the CityCube of Messe Berlin. This unique building complex provides the perfect starting point for the local developer scene.
This year, ticket sales will also start with a special offer - the Super Super Super Early Bird Ticket: The first 100 buyers can purchase their ticket for only € 159. The offer lasts 24 hours and takes place from noon on August 2nd, 2018, until noon on August 3rd, 2018.
Numerous top international speakers will talk about the latest innovations and developments in the IT industry during various lectures as well as several workshops and hackathons. Over the past few years, WeAreDevelopers has been able to bring tech pioneers such as Steve Wozniak (Apple Co-Founder), Joseph Sirosh (Microsoft AI Expert), Angie Jones (Senior Automation Engineer at Twitter), Joel Spolsky (Trello & Stack Overflow), and Brenda (Wizardry) & John Romero (Doom & Wolfenstein 3D) on stage.
"The step from Vienna to Berlin is necessary and enormously important for us, so that we can offer our participants an even more diverse, exciting, and attractive range of content, workshops, and hackathons," said Benjamin Ruschin, Co-Founder and Managing Director of WeAreDevelopers. "The Berlin location opens many doors for us: from here, we can network more easily with the European start-up scene and established tech companies, attract new investors, and further expand our position as the leading developer conference in the European market and strengthen our role as a link to the CEE market," added Sead Ahmetovic, Co-Founder and Managing Director of WeAreDevelopers. Due to this expansion, the Team in Berlin is also growing:
• Alexander Farkas was appointed Managing Director Germany. In the future, he will manage the business of WeAreDevelopers Germany GmbH from Berlin. Farkas previously worked as Head of Event Management and the Customer Success Team at WeAreDevelopers. He has several years of experience as a Digital Project Manager, among others, for smartsourcepartners and VIENNA DIGITAL.
• Robert RJ Schermann takes over the role of Head of Congress Marketing. Schermann previously worked as Director of Social Relations for the Berlin-based agency EXIT-net, where he oversaw international brands such as McDonald's and Deutsche Bahn. He also gained experience at RSB Partners LLC in Berlin and Los Angeles, as well as at Naked Communications Ltd. in London and Berlin.
• Matthias Will joins the company as Head of Events. He spent more than two years as Global Head of Event Marketing at HERE Technologies and held various Event Management positions at NVIDIA and Hewlett Packard.
With the expansion of the Berlin team, WeAreDevelopers intends to establish and position itself even more internationally. Also, the WeAreDevelopers World Congress will be organized entirely from Berlin.
The first 100 buyers will receive the Super Super Super Early Bird Ticket at 12 pm on August 2nd, 2018. More details here: wearedevelopers.com/world-congress-2019/
Every year, WeAreDevelopers organizes many different conferences and executive circles tailored to the interests and needs of developers and IT professionals. With the WeAreDevelopers World Congress, Benjamin Ruschin, Sead Ahmetovic, Thomas Pamminger and Markus Wagner have launched the largest developer congress in Europe. The conference will bring together many of the world’s leading technology companies such as Microsoft, BMW, IBM, SAP, Volkswagen, Facebook, or Google with the European developer community and bring together international tech leaders such as Steve Wozniak (Apple's co-founder), Joseph Sirosh (Corporate Vice President, Artificial Intelligence & Research at Microsoft) and Klaus Straub (CIO of BMW) on stage. In addition to the WeAreDevelopers World Congress, the company also holds theme conferences dedicated to developer-specific topics such as Artificial Intelligence, Security, Blockchain, Internet of Things, and Virtual Reality on a regular basis. Since 2017, WeAreDevelopers also supports software developers in their search for dream jobs at top companies with their DevJobs community. For more information visit www.wearedevelopers.com
+49 (0) 30 2576 205 14